Monday, March 20, 2006

ALL CRAMPED UP

On my daily morning jog, I come across a familiar sight everyday. Vans & buses picking up children to their way to school. Authorities comment that to reduce pollution & congestion on the roads, such car pooling & use of common vehicles should be encouraged.

However, I couldnt help noticing the way the children were packed into the vehicles. To borrow a phrase, they were "packed like sardines into a can".

Its the responsibility of the schools to ensure there is proper & comfortable transport available for the children. No point getting squished in a van & starting off the day in such a way. If I was one of the children, I would be in a foul mood the whole day long!

It cant be helped - is not the right attitude. Schools got to stop being so stingy & provide decent transportation. And parents need to speak up.

No comments:

Post a Comment