Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Re: Being Single Being Me

Hey Meiyang!
Hmm, I've never done blogs before so this is something new to me. I was trying to figure out how to "reply back" to your post but the only button I could find was "Create a new post" hehe..well learning experience I guess.

I agree with you with what you have to say. You know, it's funny you mention sacrifice in a relationhip. One of my friends just broke up with his girlfriend and he called me late at night because he was devastated. He loves her a lot but she just can't seem to think that things will work out. What's interesting for me is that the girl is also a really close friend of mine and i've had conversations with her and know what it is that she is going through. It's a very tough call for because of family and he can't understand why she can't even give it a shot. Anyway, the reason why I'm telling you all this is because he mentioned to me that he has done so much for her, changed so much for her and I know that he even "stopped" hanging out with his buddies because he was constantly with her. When i heard this, I told him, never to change for anybody unless it is something that you want to do for your own self. In fact, it's kind of silly that he says that he did all the stuff that he did for her sake. I don't agree with it because every person has a choice - to do or not to do. You think you do it for the one you love but in reality, it's for yourself. And that's how it should be.

Relationships do mean sacrifices but ones that mean losing of friends because the person you love doesn't like them, I'm a bit wary of. Mashallah I'm blessed with a companion who is completely understanding and unlike other boyfriends/girlfriends that I've seen in my friends' circle, we do not stop each other from hanging out with friends, regardless of their gender! :) Actually, love isn't about sacrifice - I like to see it as a compromise. But then, both those words don't do justice to what I mean. When you love someone whole-heartedly, you would never impose something on them that will cause hurt or pain. However, there are times when certain things may not be compatible with the significant others' taste/choice and then, it's up to you as their companion to make a decision.

Having said all of this, I'd like to say that I'm one of those people who try their best to remain optimistic! It's difficult to see yourself fall in love once again because you're afraid of the mess. However, when you find that special someone, all barriers will fall and there will be nothing but love in the air! Most importantly, have faith in God and know that things happen in life - all for good reasons. I find it comforting to know that in all that happens (good or bad), there is the Mercy of The Divine. Ameen. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment