Tuesday, May 02, 2006

SING ME THAT ONE AGAIN

There are two songs which really add meaning to my life. The one that defines me in every way possible is the song by Lucky Ali - Nahi rakhta dil me kuch. The song is amazing in itself, and the lyrics seem as if they were written keeping me in mind, because Im everything the song speaks of. Excerpts :

Apno ke dhun me rehta hoon. Sahi jo hai unse kehta hoon, kar kya sakta hoon.
De sakta hoon main thoda pyar yaha par, jitni haisiyat hai meri.
Maine dekha nahi rang ,dil aaya sirf ada pe, ek aisi chahat hai meri
( Im lost in thoughts of my own people. Isnt it right whatever I speak to them of, what can I do?
I can only give a little love, as much as I can manage to
Ive not seen the color of skin, Ive fallen only for inner beauty, such is my love!)

Definitely a song worth having on your system and in your hearts.

Another song whose lyrics we need to ink into our lives is Allah ke bandey by Kailash Kher. Each and every word is dripping with enthusiasm, coupled with the ragged & compelling voice of Kailash, set to the tune of semi-sufi music. The lyrics go such (for those interested)

Toota toota ek parinda aise toota, ke fir jud na paya.
Loota loota kisne usko aise loota, ke fir ud na paya.
Girta hua wo aasmaan se, aakar gira zameen par.
Khwaabo me fir bhi baadal hi they wo kehta raha magar,
Ke Allah ke bandey has de, jo bhi ho kal fir aayega.
(The bird broke in such a way, that it couldnt be joined
again.
It was looted in such a way that it couldnt fly again.
It fell from the sky onto the ground below
Still in its dreams there were only clouds and it said..
That man of God, smile, because no matter what, a new
day will come again )

Kho ke apne par hi to usne tha udna seekha,
Gham ko apne saath me le le , dard bhi tere kaam aayega.
Allah ke bandey....
-Only after it lost its wings did it learn to fly
-Take sorrows in your stride, this pain will; stand you in
good stead
-Man of God....

Tukde tukde ho gaya tha har sapne jab wo toota,
Bikhre tukdo me Allah ki marzi ka manzar paayega.
Allah ke bandey....
-It broke into a million pieces, just like its shattered
dreams
-Even in those scattered pieces, it will find the will of God
-Man of God...

Waah ! Optimism ingrained. We seriously need to apply this in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment