Friday, December 29, 2006

AN OPTIMISTIC APPROACH


I realized something important today

For the past few weeks, I’ve been hasty. I’ve been getting angry with myself far too often. I’ve been blaming others, passing the buck on to them when it’s actually been my fault all along. I have been overly aggressive when it wasn’t needed. And so, time & again, I had to put up with inexplicable frustrations. Something like that happened today too. I’ve been running around for a simple demand draft for the past 3 days, all due to my own fault entirely. I was quick to blame everything on the manager and the staff, but then I stopped to think, and I realized I was just making a fool out of myself by being too selfish to credit my faults on to someone else.

All along, what I didn’t realize was that perhaps this was God’s way of testing me. Now I don’t intend to sound all preachy. As my blogger profile reveals, I’m a Buddhist but I do not believe in clashes due to religion. But I do believe that God has a path carved out in gold for each one of us. Now, for everyone’s convenience, let’s not give a name to God. This God is your God as well as mine. And I believe this is perhaps his/her way of telling me something that I might know, but am too afraid or egoistic to accept

The events over the past few weeks told me a few things – be calm. Don't get aggressive for no reason at all. Be polite, and try not to get angry. It is not as simple as it sounds to just count up to ten and make anger dissipate. A lot of conscious effort is required for this. You must stop blaming others for mistakes that you have made. Even if the mistake is entirely theirs, still, forgive them. Because arguments & quarrels will not solve anything, rather the matter will sink further in the murky quagmire. Retain your humility. Remain grounded. Always is a hopeless optimist. See the good things that happen in every event in your life. Do you think that the adage “whatever happens, happens for good” is too far fetched? Try applying a positive outlook to the dreariest & menial job or occurrence in your life and you will begin to see the validity of that same adage. Life will be ‘rosier’ and the frowns on your face are going to disappear gradually. If the anger or frustration is so difficult to shake off, do something constructive. Something you like. Listen to music, draw, read, sing out loud, chat with friends and so on. Now chatting with friends doesn’t mean narrating your sob story to them. Talk about good, positive things which would keep the conversation nice & healthy, without creating heartache for either of you.


Most importantly, just let it go. What has happened, as a result of whosoever’s fault, is not the end of the world. There’s so much more to life! Brooding over the ill-events is only going to make you feel more miserable for the next few hours, days, maybe even weeks!!! Not worth it at all, don’t you agree? Life is short. So many things to do, to achieve, to gain, to lose. And to waste this time, this life in crying over spilt milk is absolutely criminal. Life is full of blessings. Sometimes we’re just too blind to see them


“Don’t believe the best things in life are for free? Try not breathing for a while” – Bob Smithrich


What I mean to emphasize is that let petty things go.
Don’t fret over it forever or else our faces and character may forever be frozen in a gloomy countenance. Smile. Smile asmuch as you can, because a smile is the shortest distance between two people, and an instant bridge to kinship. Also know this; you never know who can fall in love with your smile.


“Laugh and the world laughs with you

Weep and you weep alone

For the sad old earth must borrow its mirth

But has trouble enough of its own”

- Ella Wheeler Wilcox


God always makes round faces

We are the ones who spoil it by making long faces”

3 comments:

  1. Wishing you a happy new year-2007 !!

    HOPE THE NEW YEAR BRINGS HAPPINESS AND GOOD HEALTH TO ALL AND THAT THERE WILL BE PEACE IN THE WORLD SO ALL PEOPLE WILL HAVE THE CHANCE TO ENJOY LIFE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice visuals....im takin dat u did them...very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    Just what I needed to let go of something that happened yesterday..I love reading this eveytime I am dwelling over a problem...It always makes me rethink and smile...

    thanks Chang
    love
    rupal

    ReplyDelete