Friday, January 18, 2013

IT'S NOT ABOUT THE ALCOHOL ;)



So even though this TV commercial is about 5 months old, I just realised I never shared it with you! Gosh, I do hope it doesn't come across as too much self-pimping but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do ;)

I don't drink much. I have an alcohol allergy (unbelievable though it may sound) and so I keep my intake to a minimum and my social drinking stints few & far in between. And trust me, I was drunk but only in one scene for my role as the alcoholic Zing in Badmaash Company. However, this commercial is not about that (even though it is for... ahem... a popular brand of alcohol) but about friendship and the fun moments that come with it. I had a great time shooting for it with Farhan Akhtar, Purab Kohli & Cyrus Sahukar and learnt some nuances just by observing Farhan. Here's a man who doesn't overdo one bit, is a complete natural & yet does not come across as underwhelming in his films. Those of you who know him know that he's a fantastic director with a very clear, modern vision. I like the fact that he makes fun, youthful films with a cinematic edge and an underlying message without being preachy. I'd love to work with him some day. It'd be an absolute privilege. There, I said it ;) Now let the Gods hear me!



Ah well, gotta rush now. Must sleep enough to be alert enough for an important audition tomorrow. Hope you like the TVC if you haven't seen it already :) Cheerios!

No comments:

Post a Comment