Friday, September 05, 2014

QUESTIONS

He's been very, very restless over the last few days. It could be the niggling sore throat, or the fact that his mind is dragging him into deep contemplation. Ha! As if that wasn't a problem already.

You see, he has ambitions, temptations, dreams, fantasies just like you. Add a dash here or there and they're smaller or bigger than yours; zanier or blander than yours. But whether he faces success or rejection, joy or heartbreak, his mental rumination poses him that one dreaded question. WHAT is the point of all of this? Whether you get it or lose it all, where does this path lead?

We live full lives, run through the gamut of  experiences, wound, heal, love, help, hurt. We do everything by the book and out of the box. We help others as much as we help ourselves. We live for the moment & we plan for the long run. We see the glass half empty, half full, fully empty or fully full. Sometimes, we don't even see the glass. 

We're considerate and we're egoistic. We're good & we're evil. We're saints and also sinners. We are charitable & spendthrift. We are introspective & frivolous. Selfish yet philanthropic. 

Everything that a life is meant to be and more, may we live that and beyond. And even if we do, WHAT is the purpose behind it all? Love completes, they say. Is that the answer? Or is it? Is it a full stop? Then what's the rest of this life for?

How much success, love, good karma, experiences great and foul must run their course before he gets an answer? If we are every permutation of everything a human being is meant to be & do or not, what then?

Questions.
Questions.
Questions.
Too many questions.
And a restless mind.

To be or not to be. Now that is NOT a question. Damn you Will! 

To BE! But to what end?

How will he sleep tonight? Will he? At all?


5 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:23 PM

    all these days I was thinking it was just me who have these questions all the time.. but im glad there are people who feel the same.... (sadistic.. me!.. haha) @ APG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meiyang, one thing i often look for on the internet is your new blog! Not that I am not fan of your singing, hosting and Acting. That I am. But I had known you as a writer and avid thinker before you were anything else! All the questions you have posted in this blog are very much part of my life too! You are witnessing a Consciousness shift - a good one! The answer of all the questions lies into the space between two thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:12 PM

    Questions and questions: these are common inner feelings that everyone has once in a while, especially in times of self introspection during individual spare time of reflection. It is a natural thing and needs not be looked at woefully as something monstrous. We are all human beings and that feeling is evident of us being an emotional creature in this universe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not the one who would raise my hand in a class and ask a question. I am the one who just ponders and wonders inside his head and prefers to be unnoticed by the teacher lest I may say or ask something stupid and then that would make me feel stupid. But then came this teacher who urged us to ask questions; to not think of how stupid or foolish it is. The point is to ask because no question is ever stupid. So, I did. But most of the times I still feel stupid, especially when I am asking them to myself, in my head, battling this tug-of-war with the self who sounds so clever and so self-righteous he bothers me sometimes. But all in all the end result is good. We go to and fro, throwing questions at each other and then we get tired of the exercise and exhaustion kicks in, and I go to sleep, happy, satisfied that at least the day was spent debating, even if with my own self, in my own head.

    So, I hope after all those questions, you had a well-deserved sleep as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woww mate!! I guess I felt that way when I was suspecting myself of psychedelic schizophrenia and the inner sanctum was burning away!! Keep it coming mate ;) Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete